- Insert a valid CRS area of use polygon to safeguard spatial quality
- Performs spatial data quality check on Petrel projects
- Generates spatial quality report and allows users to copy it into other reports or applications
SpatialQC for Petrel inserts a Coordinate Reference System area of use boundary into a Petrel project. This boundary provides a visual context whether the spatial data are within the proper area or otherwise. SpatialQC also generates a spatial quality report that highlights problematic Petrel objects. The plug-in is backed by the EPSG standard with fallback mode to Petrel default CRS catalog.
The plug-in is backed by the EPSG standard with fallback mode to Petrel default CRS catalog.
- Cost & NPT avoidance: Early detection of spatial mistakes in imported data by running SpatialQC each time after loading or importing data into a Petrel project
- Generate spatial quality report; and embed it as part of the business process workflow and reports.
- Coordinate system conversion: Perform spatial checks when converting your Petrel projects to WGS84 or other CRS. The proper method is to perform the QC twice: before and after conversion. The reason is each CRS has its own specific Area of Use. Some of the data may not fit the new CRS post-conversion.